Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Healing Verses of the Bible
As a result of the curse of Adam and Eve that is still in full operation on this earth - disease, sickness and illness are all still part of the big picture that we all have to put up with. Anyone of us at anytime can get sick. We all know the different things that can happen to our bodies that can cause them to breakdown, and in some cases, seriously disable us. Just about any part of the human body can get hit with some type of cancer, and in some of these cases, these cancers can be terminal.
However, as Christians, we have an all-powerful God who not only has the power to fully heal us from any specific ailment that may strike us, but that He actually does want to heal us many of the time if we properly approach Him in our prayers.
In this article, I will give you 93 of the best verses from the Bible pertaining to being able to get a divine healing from God the Father. As you will see in some of these specific verses, not only can God heal us, but many of the time He actually wants to heal us.
I will break these Scripture verses down under their specific captions below so you can fully grasp the revelation that God is trying to transmit to us on being able to receive a divine healing from Him. God is a Merciful God
The first thing you have to really grasp is how good and merciful God and Jesus really are. Every time God decides to heal someone, He is showing incredible mercy, love, goodness and compassion towards that person. So the first thing you will need to grasp from Scripture are the specific verses that will show us how merciful, kind and compassionate God the Father really is.
You have to realize that God the Father has these attributes in His personality. If you don't believe that God the Father is a good, merciful, loving, kind and compassionate God - then you may not be able to receive a divine healing from Him because you won't have enough faith and belief in His ability to even want to heal you in the first place.
Many people are scared to death of God the Father. They know that He does have a judgment and wrath side to His personality and as a result, they have become too scared to approach Him to enter into any kind of close personal relationship with Him. Then when they do get sick and need a divine healing from Him, they are too scared to try and approach Him for their healing.
So the first thing each Christian must really grab a hold of if they really want to try and press in for a divine healing from the Lord is that God the Father really does have a very loving and tender side to His personality - and that many of the time He actually does want to heal us and help deliver us out of any adverse situations that we may have fallen into. And any kind of disease, illness or sickness is definitely an adverse situation.
Study these first set of verses very, very carefully. When you read one verse after another, you will really see how loving, kind, good, merciful and compassionate God the Father really is - and as such, that He does have a natural desire in His personality to want to help His children out if they need any kind of help or deliverance from Him.
1. "... But You are God, ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, abundant in kindness ..." (Nehemiah 9:17)
2. "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy." (Psalm 103:8)
3. "But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth." (Psalm 86:15)
4. "Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness ..." (Joel 2:13)
5. "The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works." (Psalm 145:8)
6. "The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting ..." (Psalm 100:5)
7. "For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him ... But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him." (Psalm 103:11,17)
Notice the words "mercy or merciful" are stated in every one of these Scripture verses. Every time God decides to heal someone - He is showing incredible mercy towards that person. These verses are all telling us that not only is God merciful - but that He is "abundant and great in mercy." In other words, He is full of mercy and goodness.
For those of you who are too afraid to approach God for any type of meaningful personal relationship - notice that several of these verses state that God the Father is "slow to anger."
These verses are telling us that God has a long fuse. God doesn't blow as easily and quickly as some of us humans do. It really does take quite a bit to cause Him to lose His temper. All of these verses are showing you that you have absolutely nothing to fear in approaching God to enter into a close, loving, personal relationship with Him.
God is your perfect loving Father and He has nothing but your best interests at heart. If you have been struck with any kind of illness or disease - don't be afraid to approach God for a divine healing. You may be pleasantly surprised with what He might just do for you.
2. God the Father Does Have the Power to Heal You
Sometimes when someone has been hit by an extreme sickness or disease, especially with one that may be considered terminal, our faith levels may be severely shaken - possibly to their core! You have been just diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors have told you that you only have 6 more months to live.
Though you know God is all-powerful - your situation looks so hopeless, that you start doubting whether or not God can really deliver you out of such a dire, extreme and hopeless situation. You are so overwhelmed by the hopelessness of the situation - that you start forgetting how powerful God really is and that He does have the supernatural power to be able to fully heal you - no matter how grave the situation may appear to you in the natural.
These next three verses are telling us that nothing - I repeat nothing - is too impossible for God to be able to handle. Again, these verses should be burned into your memory banks so you can have them fully loaded up into your mind and spirit if you are ever faced with what appears to be insurmountable odds.
1. "For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)
2. But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27)
3. "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." (Ephesians 3:20)
The second verse is telling you that if you cannot get any kind of a healing from a doctor, then God Himself can come to your rescue and fully heal you - no matter how bad and hopeless the situation may appear to you in the natural.
Remember - God the Father has the full power and full ability to accomplish anything that He wants to. If He has the divine supernatural power to create our entire world in 6 days - then I don't think He will have any problems in being able to fully heal you with whatever may have just struck your body.
3. God the Father Does Want to Heal You
All of the above verses are definitely showing us that not only does God the Father have the personality attributes to want to heal us, but that He also has the divine supernatural power to actually be able to heal us - no matter how severe or extreme the sickness or illness may be. However, will He actually do it if you properly approach Him in your prayers?
These next set of verses will show you that not only does God actually want to heal you - but that He can and will heal you if certain conditions are met. Not only does the Bible give us knowledge and information on the personality attributes of God and Jesus - but it also shows us how many times in the past God and Jesus have actually healed other people.
Once you read how many times God and Jesus were healing other people back in both the Old and New Testaments - then this will help build up your own faith and belief that just maybe God and Jesus can also do the same thing for you.
The Bible tells us that God is no respecter of persons - which means that He loves each person He has ever created equally and unconditionally. This tells us that if God and Jesus were healing people back in the Bible days - then there is no reason we cannot approach Him for our own personal healing when we may need one.
Again, study these verses very, very carefully. These specific verses are all showing how God the Father can heal His own if they are walking in good stead with Him.
1. This first verse is a major foundational verse that needs to be committed to memory. It tells us that God the Father does not change - ever! In other words, God the Father is the same today as He was yesterday, and He will be the same for all of eternity. This is why God the Father is totally dependable.
If God the Father is the same today as He was yesterday - and if He was healing people back in the past in the Old Testament days - then this means that He can and will continue to heal today. This is why divine healing is still for everyone in this day and age. The gift of healing did not stop after the first set of apostles left the scene. Here is the verse:
"For I am the Lord, I do not change ..." (Malachi 3:6)
2. These next verses are all showing us the times that God the Father was healing His chosen people, the Jews, back in the Old Testament. If God the Father has not changed, and if He was healing His own chosen people back in the Old Testament - then this means He can and will continue to heal His own chosen people in the New Testament, which are all saved and born-again Christians!
The very first verse will specifically tell us that if we belong to Jesus, then we are all part of "Abraham's seed" and we are thus all "heirs" to the same blessings that God the Father was giving the Jewish people back in the Old Testament. And one of those blessings was divine healing whenever they would need it.
These verses will show you how active God the Father really was in the area of divine healing when the Jewish people were walking in good stead with Him.
1. "And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)
2. "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)
3. "And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you." (Deuteronomy 7:15)
4. "So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." (Exodus 23:25)
5. "He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." (Psalm 107:20)
6. "He also brought them out with silver and gold, and there was none feeble among His tribes." (Psalm 105:37)
7. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases ..." (Psalm 103:2)
8. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:19)
9. "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)
10. "O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You have healed me." (Psalm 30:2)
11. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds ... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power ..." (Psalm 147:3)
12. "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
13. "But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing." (Psalm 34:10)
14. "For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11)
15. "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
All of the above verses are definitely showing us how active God really was in taking care of the Jewish people back in the Old Testament. Notice some of the specific wording:
• Put none of these diseases on you
• Take away from you all sickness
• Sent His word and healed them
• There was none feeble among His tribes
• Heals all your diseases
• Guards all his bones - not one of them is broken
• Restore health to you and heal you of your wounds
• Heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds
Notice in three of these verses God is giving perfect health to all of them when He specifically says that "none" of the diseases shall fall on them, that there was "none feeble among the tribes" and that He would take away "all" sickness from within their midst!
Again, if God the Father did this for the Jewish people back in the Old Testament, and we have a new and better covenant through His Son Jesus Christ in the New Testament - then we all should have access to the same blessings that the Jewish people had - and one of the those blessings was having divine health and divine healing when needed!
4. Jesus Christ Does Want to Heal You
If all of the above verses are showing us that it was the will of God the Father to want to heal His chosen people back in the Old Testament - then the next set of verses will be showing us that it was also the will of Jesus Christ to heal when He was walking in the New Testament.
If God the Father was constantly healing His people back in the Old Testament when they were walking right with Him - then it should come as no surprise that His Son Jesus will be wanting to do the exact same thing as He as walking in the New Testament. And that is exactly what you will find. Jesus was constantly healing people that came to Him for their healings - especially when they came to Him with enough faith and belief that He could actually heal them.
Here are 11 key Scripture verses showing how active Jesus really was with His healing ministry when He was walking with the full power of God for about three and half years.
Notice the first verse says the same thing about Jesus that it did about God the Father - that He is the same today as He was yesterday. This means that if Jesus had a desire to heal when He was walking on our earth 2000 years ago - then He will still have that same desire to want to heal anyone in this day and age!
1. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)
2. Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee ... "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord." (Luke 4:14,18)
3. "... how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." (Acts 10:38)
4. "But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there; and great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all." (Matthew 12:15)
5. "And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick." (Matthew 14:14)
6. "Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them." (Luke 5:17)
7. "And when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent out into all that surrounding region, brought to Him all who were sick, and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well." (Matthew 14:35)
8. "... who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all." (Luke 6:17)
9. "But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing." (Luke 9:11)
10. "When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick." (Matthew 8:16)
11. "Now Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of diseases among the people." (Matthew 4:23)
If you study very closely what God the Father did with the Jewish people back in the Old Testament, and what Jesus did with all those around Him in the New Testament, there is a definite pattern to Their ministries - and one of the blessings that both God and Jesus would manifest on a very regular and frequent basis was the gift of healing!
5. God Will Also Anoint You With His Power to Heal
Not only does God the Father want to heal you, not only does His Son Jesus Christ want to heal you - but now God wants to take it one step further. He now wants to anoint His believers with His supernatural power to be able to heal others.
Do you get the big picture on all of this? If God is wanting to anoint His believers with His supernatural power to be able to heal others - then this is telling us that God is now placing the gift of healing as a major blessing within His Body so we can have it available to us when we may need it.
The reason for this is because God wants to anoint and empower His people to be able to go to work for Him in preaching the gospel to the rest of the world and doing what He wants them all doing in their specific calls for Him. You cannot work for God full force in this life if you are constantly battling one ailment after another. You have to be operating in some kind of good health in order to be able to max out in your specific calls and duties for the Lord.
Since we all live in a cursed and fallen world as a result of the curse of Adam and Eve - anyone of us can get sick at anytime. As a result, God has to have the gifts of healing operating within His Body so as to help get us back up and running if we do get hit with any kind of sickness or disease. Sometimes God will choose to heal you through doctors and the medical profession - other times He will heal you direct Himself or through the prayers of another anointed believers.
Now here are the specific verses showing you that God does want to anoint His Body with His supernaturral power to be able to heal others.
1. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:15)
2. "Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases." (Luke 9:1)
3. "And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits ... And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them." (Mark 6:7,13)
4. "And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease." (Matthew 10:1)
5. "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:6)
6. "Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them." (Acts 19:11)
7. "And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid hands on him and healed him." (Acts 28:8)
8. "And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed." (Acts 8:6)
9. "Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands." (Acts 14:3)
10. "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19)
11. "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills." (1 Corinthians 12:4)
The last verse is the one telling us about the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit that are still available to the Church today. And one of those 9 gifts is the gift of healing! This means that the Holy Spirit Himself can manifest the power to heal someone through any believer at anytime He should choose to do so!
I believe all of the above verses are definitely telling us that not only can God heal, that not only does He want to heal - but many of the times He actually will heal if He is properly approached. So how do you properly approach God for your healing? Through prayer, which will be the next caption.
6. The Power of Prayer
It is quite obvious that God the Father has the full supernatural power and ability to fully heal you of any disease or sickness that could strike your body. So how do you get God to release His healing power directly to you to either heal yourself or someone else you may be praying for?
By direct prayer to God the Father - and sometimes that prayer has to be a prevailing type of prayer, which means you keep praying to God until you get the healing to fully manifest onto the affected part of your body that needs the healing.
There are many different types of prayer strategies that you can take with the Lord in your own personal prayers to Him. I will be discussing some of these other different types of strategies in other articles. But for the sake of this article and this caption, I will give you some specific verses that are telling us that sometimes we have to pray direct to God the Father for a full healing to manifest.
The first 3 verses are specifically telling us to "pray" to God when we are sick and need a healing.
1. "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray." (James 5:13)
2. "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven." (James 5:14)
3. And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him." (Acts 28:8)
4. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)
5. "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)
6. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)
7. "Yet you do not have because you do not ask." (James 4:2)
8. "And there is no one who calls on Your name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You ..." (Isaiah 64:7)
9. "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." (Ezekiel 22:30)
10. "He saw that there was no man, and wondered there was no intercessor; therefore His own arm brought salvation for him ..." (Isaiah 59:16)
11. "Therefore He said that He would destroy them, had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, to turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them." (Psalm 106:23)
Notice the last 4 verses are showing us that God is actually looking for intercessors who are willing to stand in the gap for other people who are needing God's help in some way! And in some of these situations, these people have become sick or ill and are needing a physical healing from the Lord. As an intercessor, you can stand in the gap for these people and pray to God for their healing.
I will doing a much more detailed article on the power of intercessory prayer and how powerful of a weapon it really is in the hands of someone who knows how to do this with God the Father. Major miracles can be brought down from heaven with this kind of prevailing intercessory prayer.
7. Having Faith and Belief That God Can Actually Heal You
Sometimes God will move to heal someone who has very low levels of faith in Him - but there will be other times that He will want this person to have his faith levels built up a bit before He will move in with His healing power.
As you will see in the following Scripture verses, there was many a time that Jesus would ask the person He was wanting to heal whether or not that person had enough faith and belief in Him that He could actually heal them. Once that person said he had enough faith in Jesus that He could heal him - then Jesus would move in to heal him.
Jesus would then go as far as to tell this person that his faith was what got him healed! However, it was quite obvious that what got this person healed was the power of the Holy Spirit operating and manifesting through Jesus. However, what got the healing power from the Holy Spirit to manifest onto that person was the person's faith and belief that Jesus could do this for him.
This is how powerful of a thing it really is if you can get your faith operating at higher levels with the Lord. If your faith is operating at these higher levels with the Lord, then God can manifest bigger and greater miracles either to you or through you to help someone else out.
If you are looking for God's divine healing power to fully heal you or someone else you may know - the first thing you will need to try and do is to get your personal faith levels built up to a little bit of a higher range. And how do you do this?
The Bible tells us that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Hearing the Word of God means you are reading the Bible for yourself and believing what you are reading. If you are willing to do this, then the Holy Spirit will start to raise your faith to a higher level. And once your faith has been raised to that higher level - then God may move in to heal you or someone else you may be praying for.
You will need to read all of the verses pertaining to divine healing in the Bible. This article is giving you many of these verses. Really meditate and chew on these verses. Let them sink and settle down into you mind and spirit. Believe what you are reading.
Once these verses have really settled into your mind and spirit, and you are truly believing what they are telling you - then go into prevailing prayer with the Lord to try and get Him to move in with His healing power. Quote these Scripture verses back to Him. Tell Him that you are standing on the full power and authority of these verses. Tell Him that you have full faith and belief in what these verses are telling you.
Tell Him that you are going to take a hold of Him and that you will not let Him go until He heals either you or someone else you may be praying for. Again, I will doing a much more in-depth article on the power of prevailing prayer with the Lord, especially when you are in the area of looking for a major miracle from Him.
But study these next set of verses very carefully. You are being given a major prayer secret from the Lord on how to get Him to move in with His healing power - and that secret is being able to get your faith operating at a little bit of a higher level to actually believe that God can really heal you.
1. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)
2. "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
3. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)
4. "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." (1 John 5:4)
5. "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life ..." (1 Timothy 6:12)
6. ... the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you." And their eyes were opened. (Matthew 9:28)
7. Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour. (Matthew 15:28)
8. ... for she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well." But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." (Matthew 9:21)
9. Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you." And his servant was healed that same hour. (Matthew 8:13)
10. And Jesus answered and said to him, "What do you want Me to do for you?" The blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, that I may receive my sight." Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight ... (Mark 10:51)
11. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." (Mark 11:24)
12. "And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people." (Acts 6:8)
13. "... and the prophets; who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens." (Hebrews 11:32)
14. "My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouth, so that they have not hurt me ... So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no injury whatever was found on him, because He believed in his God." (Daniel 6:22)
15. "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong ... Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all." (Acts 3:16)
16. "... but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest ..." (Hebrews 4:2)
17. "So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief." (Hebrews 3:19)
18. "And He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief." (Matthew 13:58)
Notice the last 3 verses are telling us that God could not do any miracles or any mighty works with certain peoples or in certain areas due to the low levels of faith and belief operating in those areas.
The verse from Hebrews 4:2 tells us that we have to mix our faith with the Word. In other words, we have to believe what we are reading from the Bible and that all of it is true. You have to mix your faith with the knowledge that the Word is giving you! If you don't, then the knowledge that the Bible is trying to give you will not work when you need it for a real life emergency.
The verse from Hebrews 3:19 is talking about all of the Israelites 20 years and older who died out in the wilderness in the story of Moses. They were not able to enter into the Promised Land - all because they did not have enough faith and belief in God that He could actually defeat the enemies that were possessing the lands in which He was wanting to give to them.
The last verse from Matthew 13:58 is talking about Jesus not being able to do many miracles or mighty works in His own home town - and again, all due to the lack of faith and belief from the people that He actually grew up with!
All of the above verses are showing us the extreme importance of being able to get our faith operating at higher levels with the Lord, so He can then do greater and mightier things either for you, or sometimes through you to help someone else out who may need His supernatural help and power to set them free!
8. Hindrances to Receiving a Healing
Sometimes God will not move to heal someone due to some type of block or hindrance. Once this person finds out what that block or hindrance is and gets it properly removed - then many of the time God will move back in to fully heal them.
The following verses will give you some major insight into what some of these hindrances and blocks can be. Again, study these verses very carefully and make sure you don't have any of these possible hindrances before approaching God for your own personal healing.
If you do have any of these blocks or hindrances operating in your life - you will be wasting both your time and God's time if you start trying to pray for a healing before that block is properly removed.
1. The first block, and this is a major one, is the sin of unforgiveness. As you will see in the following Scripture verse, God the Father will not even begin to hear any of your prayers if you are holding any kind of unforgiveness towards anyone. And if He will not hear any of your personal prayers - then you will have little or no chance of getting any type of divine healing from Him.
This particular sin is one that God really does not like. The fact that He specifically isolates this sin in reference to your prayer life in the following Scripture verse is showing you the extreme importance of it, and that He does not want anyone holding any unforgiveness towards anyone else - no matter how bad any anyone else may have ever wronged you in your past.
I have read testimony after testimony from people who walk with God's healing power as part of their anointing, that many of the time God will not heal someone who is holding any kind of unforgiveness towards anyone else. However, once that unforgiveness has been properly taken care of and removed, then God will move in to heal that person.
If you are operating in this specific sin and are holding any type of serious grudges or unforgiveness towards anyone else - then you will need to go before God the Father, confess this sin out, and then tell Him that you will now fully forgive all of the specific people who have ever wronged you in your past.
Tell Him that even though you may not "feel" like you are forgiving these people within your own mind and emotions - tell Him that you are now taking a bold step of faith and that you will make this confession with your mouth, out of your mind, and that you will do your best not to hold the past against these people.
If you are willing to take this kind of powerful stand with the Lord, then over the course of time God will start to take out the negative emotions of that unforgiveness, and pretty soon you will no longer even feel this unforgiveness towards that person like you had in the past. God will do spiritual surgery on the inside of you to remove all of those negative feelings.
Here is the verse.
"AND WHENEVER YOU STAND PRAYING, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses." (Mark 11:25)
If God will not forgive your trespasses if you are operating in this sin when you are trying to pray to Him - then I also believe that He may not answer any of your prayers when you are trying to pray for something specific. I believe the four key words in the above verse is "whenever you stand praying."
2. These next 6 verses will follow-up nicely to the above verse on unforgiveness. The first verse in this next set will tell you that if you have any kind of "iniquities" that you may be operating in, then this will cause God the Father to hide His face from you and that He will then not "hear" you when you try and pray to Him.
If you are out cheating on your spouse operating in the sin of adultery, then there is a very good chance that God may not hear any of your prayers. And if God is not hearing any of your personal prayers to Him, then you may not be able to receive a divine healing from Him when you try asking Him for one.
So if you are really serious about wanting to approach God the Father for a divine healing, the first thing you must do is make sure that you do not have any sins that may need to be forgiven and washed clean under the Blood of Jesus. You may want to ask the Holy Spirit to help you out. Ask Him to show you if there are any sins that you may not be aware of that will need to be confessed, forgiven and washed clean under the blood of Jesus.
If you are willing to go this far with the Lord - then you may have just removed any major blocks or hindrances in being able to receive a divine healing from Him. You may have just dramatically increased your chances of now being able to receive a direct healing from God.
Here are the verses. Notice the specific wording in some of these verses - that God will "hear the prayer of the righteous" but that He is "far from the wicked", that no good thing will He withhold from those who are walking "uprightly," that we will receive answers to our prayers if we "keep His commandments and do them," and that He will put "none of these diseases on you" if you "do what is right in His sight and keep all His statutes."
Keep these kinds of verses front and center in your walk with the Lord so that you do not do anything that will prevent Him from wanting to work full force in your own personal walk with Him.
1. "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2)
2. "The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
3. "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11)
4. "And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." (1 John 3:22)
5. "My son, do not forget My law, but let your heart keep My commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you." (Proverbs 3:1)
6. "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)
I believe all of these verses are giving us major insight as to why sometimes we are not getting answers to some of our prayers - especially in the area of divine healing. There is simply no sugarcoating what these verses are trying to tell us.
Even though all of our past, present and future sins will be forgiven under the blood of Jesus, we still have to make every concerted effort to try and stay out of sin. And once we know that we have fallen into a specific sin, then we have to recognize it and admit it before the Lord, and then confess it out to Him as a sin before we can receive His forgiveness for it.
I believe one of the main reasons why more people do not receive divine healings from the Lord may either be due to sins that may not have yet been forgiven because they either have not been recognized as actual sins, or that person is unwilling to have their sins be properly dealt with by God the Father.
A person may be operating in the sin of adultery and he simply doesn't want to give it up. And until he does, there is a very good chance that God will not be hearing any of his prayers - especially in the area of divine healing.
This is why I strongly recommend that anyone who is seeking after a major supernatural miracle from God in the area of divine healing - that you ask the Holy Spirit to help you out in discovering what those sins may be that will need to be confessed and forgiven with God the Father. This principle right here may be the difference as to whether or not you receive a full divine healing from the Lord.
9. Psychological Factors
I strongly believe there are sometimes psychological factors that will come into play when dealing with different types of sicknesses and illnesses.
If someone is severely depressed, there is a good chance that there immune system may not be working as well as it should be, and they thus can be more subject and prone to getting certain types of sicknesses or diseases as compared to someone who is always upbeat, happy, cheerful and doing something positive with their lives.
The medical profession has already found this link - that sometimes good health can be directly related to having a good, positive mindset. The Bible has several very interesting verses on this mind-body connection and how it can relate to our physical health. Here they are:
1. "A sound heart is life to the body, but envy is rottenness to the bones." (Proverbs 14:30)
2. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." (Proverbs 13:12)
3. "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." (Proverbs 15:13)
4. "A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." (Proverbs 17:22)
5. "Anxiety in the heart of a man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad." (Proverbs 12:25)
6. "There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, but the tongue of the wise promotes health." (Proverbs 12:18)
7. "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24)
Notice the first verse says that "envy is rottenness to the bones." This is why the Bible tells us that we are transformed by the "renewing of our minds "
God wants to develop and put right thinking into our minds. Having a good, positive mindset in the Lord may be one of the secrets in being able to have good physical health while we are living down here on this earth.
10. The Sin of Gluttony
I know this next topic will be a very sensitive one for many people in this day and age. There are many in our society who are grossly overweight. For many of these people, there are certain malfunctions within their bodies causing this abnormal weight gain. However, for many others, this weight gain is the result of simply gluttony - overeating and overeating of the wrong kinds of foods.
With all of the good nutritional information that is now available, we all know what these bad foods are. There is also a ton of educational material that is out there showing us what the good foods are and how to structure our diets accordingly to take off a lot of this excess weight.
However, for whatever their personal reasons may be, many people who are overweight simply do not care they are overeating and that they are grossly overweight. God may have been striving with them, trying to get them to get their eating habits under better control.
However, sooner or later, the human body can only take so much abuse, especially in the area of what we feed it - and then the breakdown comes. A cancer could set in or a major heart attack could occur. There are many different kinds of sicknesses and illnesses that can strike your body if you do not properly feed it and take proper care of it.
The Bible tells us that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit. As such, I believe God the Father wants us taking proper care of them. If we don't, and we steadfastly refuse to heed His warnings and promptings - then God may choose not to want to heal you if you end up coming down with a major sickness as a result of deliberately overeating and abusing your body over all of those years.
The same thing can occur for those who smoke or drink past any reasonable moderation. In our walk with the Lord, we have to do the best we can with what we are suppose to be doing for Him.
With none of us being perfect, I believe there is a certain amount of slack with God the Father for some of our weaknesses and character flaws. However, where we will get in major trouble with the Lord is when we push the envelope too far with Him and tread past those slack lines where we should not be going.
I believe there is a slack line that operates in how we take care of our bodies. I'm sure God is all right with a certain amount of excess body weight due to our own imperfections. However, where we will get in trouble is when we start to go past our own individual slack lines with Him.
If that should happen, then God will start giving you major warning signs and signals that you are getting to far off base. If after a certain amount of time you don't heed those warnings and you keep going in the direction you are going - then God could pull back His hand of protection on you, and you could then end up coming down with a major sickness or disease.
Remember - some of the above verses state that if you do what is right in the sight of the Lord - then He will not put any of these diseases on you. Going against the Lord by overeating and abusing your body is not doing what is right in the Lord, and He thus could pull back His hand of protection on you and your life.
I'll leave you with one very interesting verse that tells us to only eat what we really need lest we be filled with it and vomit. In other words, you can get physically sick by overeating.
"Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, lest you be filled with it and vomit." (Proverbs 25:16)
11. God is Still Sovereign in All of His Ways
If you closely study all of the above verses from Scripture - I think the evidence is absolutely overwhelming that God the Father really does want to heal many of the times if He is properly approached in your prayers to Him.
However, there is one more big debate going on in the Body of Christ right now on the subject of divine healing. Many are teaching that it is the will of God that you be healed every single time that you pray and ask for one - and that if you are not healed - then there is something wrong with you. Either your faith was not operating at a high enough level or you have some kind of bad sin that you may be living in.
Granted, there are times that God may want your faith operating at a higher level than where you may be at right now. If that is the case, then He may want you getting more into the Word to study all of the verses pertaining to divine healing before He will move in to heal you. You also could have some type of sin as discussed above that needs to be taken care of before He will move in to heal you.
But what about the Christian who is already operating at a very high level of faith and he or she has a clean slate with the Lord with no sins that really need to be confessed and forgiven? How do you explain it when they are doing everything right in the Lord, and then all of a sudden they need a physical healing for their own self and God does not heal them. How do you explain this kind of scenario with the way all of the above Scripture verses are worded?
This is just my own humble personal opinion on the matter - but I believe that God is still sovereign in all of His ways - which will include when He will manifest the gift of healing on someone. The Bible says that we can only know in part while living down here on this earth. Sometimes God will tell us why He does what He does and other times He will not.
If God makes a personal decision not to heal someone when they are properly approaching Him in prayer for their healing - then I believe there is always a specific reason as to why He is choosing not to heal this person at that time. Sometimes He will tell you what that reason may be and other times He will not. If He chooses not to tell you - then you have to have full faith and belief that He must have a very good reason for not wanting to heal you or the person you may be praying for and to let it go at that.
There could be a multitude of reasons why God may choose not to heal someone. I have given this example in several of my other articles and it is definitely worth repeating for this one. A woman had been praying for her son's healing. He was only 10 years old and he came down with an incurable disease and was only given a short time to live. God kept telling her that He did not want to heal him and that she was to let the matter go.
The woman would not take no for an answer and kept pressing into God that He heal her son. Due to her continued persistence, God finally healed the woman's son. However, her testimony ended stating that she lived just long enough to watch her son get hanged as a criminal for a murder he ended up committing when he was 41 years old.
God obviously knew what his future held in store for him. He knew that he was going to end up committing this murder. God was actually showing incredible love and mercy by wanting to take him home early with the incurable disease instead of letting him live long enough to commit this murder.
His mother obviously could not see into his future or understand the big picture, and she thus should have never been questioning God's knowledge and wisdom on this matter in the first place, since God knew what was going to happen in this boy's future and she did not.
Bottom line - God always knows best! Let His perfect will be done in all matters - which will include who He will decide to heal and who He will not decide to heal.
I know many people have had their mind's really messed up when for whatever reason God has chosen not to heal them, and then another Christian comes along and starts trying to place a guilt trip on them - telling them that either their faith was not operating at a high enough level or that there must be something in their personal life that is preventing God from wanting to heal them.
As I've stated above, sometimes this may be true, but other times it may not be true. If there are no blocks or hindrances in that person' s life - then God is choosing not to heal for another reason.
If you are not getting a healing for either yourself, or someone else you may be praying for, then I would press into God and ask Him why He is not moving in to heal either you or the other person you may be praying for. Ask Him to show you if there are any blocks or hindrances that have to be dealt with.
If He comes back and tells you that there are no blocks or hindrances that have to be dealt with, but that He has chosen not to heal at this time - then trust that He has a very good reason for not wanting to move in with His healing power and let it go at that. It could be that it may be that person's time to go home to be with Him - even if that person is still at a young age like the story described above.
I'll end this caption with one very good verse from Scripture that is telling us that God will have mercy on whom He chooses to have mercy on. I believe this is one of the verses from Scripture that is really emphasizing the sovereignty of God and that no one is going to tell Him how to run His universe.
For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion ..."Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills ... But indeed, O' man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?" Does not the potter have power over the clay ..." (Romans 9:15-21)
Though there are times God will decide not to heal for whatever His personal reasons may be - there are definitely going to be other times that He will move in to heal if He is properly approached in your prayers to Him. Since God is sovereign in His very nature and in all of His ways - this means you never know when He may move in to heal someone.
This is why you should never be afraid to approach God's throne boldly and with confidence if either you or someone else you know is needing a physical healing. You have nothing to lose in trying and everything to gain by pressing in.
For those of you who would really like to get serious with the Lord on being able to get more healings to manifest from the Lord for either yourself or any of your family or friends - it would be my strong recommendation that you type or handwrite out all of the Scripture verses listed in this article and put them on index cards. If you are willing to do this, then you will have right at your fingertips all of the major healing verses of the Bible to use in your own healing prayers to God the Father.
Just simply pick the verses that apply to the specific situation you may be dealing with, and then storm the gates of heaven asking God to move in to heal based upon the wording of many of these verses.
God loves it when you quote His own Word back to Him. This shows Him that you have been doing your homework and that you are seeking to learn more about Him and this subject by studying and meditating on these kinds of verses.
This seeking activity may be just enough to cause a desire in God the Father to want to heal you or the person you may be praying for!
Seek - and then you will find. Ask - and you just may receiv